Monday 23 March 2015

Lemon ginger liqueur

One of my friends made a really tasty liqueur last year and I decided to follow her recipe and prepare one myself. Lets see if I can make it right :)





Ingredients:
80 g fresh ginger
2 lemons
200 g sugar
200 ml water
400 ml alcohol (I used aguardiente)

Preparation:

  1. Peel the ginger and cut it in thin slices.
  2. Wash, dry and peel the lemons. The peels should be free of white.
  3. Squeeze the lemons. Bring 100 ml of lemon juice, water, ginger, lemon peels and sugar to boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes and cool down after.
  4. Add the alcohol and pour the mix into a big jar. Seal the jar and let the liqueur rest for 2 weeks at a dry, dark place.
  5. Filter the liqueur and taste it. If it is too spicy for you, adjust with sugar water to suit your taste.
  6. Bottle it.
(font: http://tiltibo.blogspot.pt/2015/03/lemon-ginger-liqueur-homemade.html)


Here is the result for the first steps :)




No comments:

Post a Comment